Thanks to the more than 50 people who joined us for the ISCAIP biennial meeting in Wellington. Participants enjoyed lively discussion, networking opportunities, and wisdom from an esteemed panel of experts. Highlights included:
* Dr. Russell Wills, New Zealand Children's Commissioner, gave an inspirational talk on "wicked problems and effective solutions", with examples including universal screening and referrals for child maltreatment and child problem behaviors.
* Dr. Diana Samarkkody, National Programme Manager for Injury Prevention and Control, Sri Lanka, talked about her work to introduce injury prevention into core maternal and child health activities.
* Morag Mackay, European Child Safety Alliance, reviewed creative approaches to supporting the uptake of evidence-based good practice guide in child injury actions.
* A group of young people shared their documentary "Rise Up!" Pomare to highlight the impact of alcohol in their community and fallout from housing demolition on their wellbeing.
* Congratulations were offered to People's Choice Poster award winner Dr. Puspa Pant on his project describing a household study of the impact of injury in Nepal.